Organizing institutions

ARPEL

Is a non-profit association gathering oil, gas and biofuels sector companies and institutions in Latin America and the Caribbean. Founded in 1965 as a vehicle of cooperation and reciprocal assistance among sector companies, its main purpose is to actively contribute to industry integration and competitive growth, and to sustainable energy development in the region.

Its membership currently represents over 90% of the upstream and downstream activities in Latin America and the Caribbean and includes national and international operating companies, providers of technology, goods and services for the value chain, and national and international sector institutions.

For more information visit www.arpel.org

OAS

Is the world’s oldest regional organization, dating back to the First International Conference of American States, held in Washington, D.C., from October 1889 to April 1890. That meeting approved the establishment of the International Union of American Republics, and the stage was set for the weaving of a web of provisions and institutions that came to be known as the inter-American system, the oldest international institutional system.

The OAS came into being in 1948 with the signing in Bogotá, Colombia, of the Charter of the OAS, which entered into force in December 1951. It was subsequently amended by the Protocol of Buenos Aires, signed in 1967, which entered into force in February 1970; by the Protocol of Cartagena de Indias, signed in 1985, which entered into force in November 1988; by the Protocol of Managua, signed in 1993, which entered into force in January 1996; and by the Protocol of Washington, signed in 1992, which entered into force in September 1997.

The Organization was established in order to achieve among its member states—as stipulated in Article 1 of the Charter—"an order of peace and justice, to promote their solidarity, to strengthen their collaboration, and to defend their sovereignty, their territorial integrity, and their independence."

Today, the OAS brings together all 35 independent states of the Americas and constitutes the main political, juridical, and social governmental forum in the Hemisphere. In addition, it has granted permanent observer status to 69 states, as well as to the European Union (EU).

The Organization uses a four-pronged approach to effectively implement its essential purposes, based on its main pillars: democracy, human rights, security, and development.

YPF

YPF S. A. is an Argentine energy company dedicated to the exploration, exploitation, distillation, distribution and production of electric power, gas, oil and hydrocarbon derivatives and the sale of fuels, lubricants, fertilizers, plastics and other products related to the industry. The company has a mixed corporate structure, in which the Argentine State owns 51% of the shares and the remaining 49% is listed on the Buenos Aires and New York Stock Exchange.

It is the largest company in Argentina and the third largest oil company in South America, directly or indirectly employing more than 72,000 people throughout the country. It has 92 production blocks distributed in basins throughout the Argentine territory and 48 exploratory blocks.4 It is the leader in all Latin America in the production of unconventional resources with the development of the Vaca Muerta oil field (the second formation with shale gas resources and fourth of the world's shale oil)

It was founded as a state company in 1922, during the presidency of Hipólito Yrigoyen, becoming the first vertically integrated oil company in the world.8

Regional Headquarters

Av. Luis A. de Herrera 1248 - WTC. Torre 2. Piso 7. Of. 717. - CP 11.300 Montevideo Uruguay

Telephone: (+598) 2623 6993, e-mail: info@arpel.org.uy

www.arpel.org

SUPPORTED BY

Gold

Silver

Bronze

Support